The Environment - Our Vision
Encouraged by shareholders, governments and consumers a growing amount of companies try to integrate corporate responsibility into their business and strategy. LeasePlan has developed some initiatives as well.
As far as fleets are concerned, one of the most important issues to consider is CO2 emissions and their impact on global warming. In addressing this issue, LeasePlan has introduced the GreenPlan initiative.
We also recognise our responsibilities to wider society and the environment by adhering to the following:
- We are dedicated to conducting our business in a responsible and sustainable way. We aim for a profitable operation with added value for all our stakeholders, while managing the social, economical and environmental impact. We do this by striving to balance the interests of people, planet and profit.
- We support the development of technologies that help minimise the effect of driving on the environment and contribute to solutions that anticipate resource scarcity.
- We act in accordance with relevant local and internationally recognised environmental standards.
- We develop sustainable business models and products.
- We seek ways to improve our own eco-footprint as a business.
- We contribute positively to the development of our industry.